Find Local Produce At These Markets
With the warming weather comes more opportunities to get out of your standard grocery shopping routine and head to the farmers’ market instead. I love heading the farmers’ market because it gives me the chance to stroll in the summer sunshine and discover some new local favorites to work more flavor and nutrients into my meals. So you can enjoy the season with me, check out these great weekend markets.
- Westlake Village: As a California Certified farmer’s market, it is no surprise that Westlake’s market delivers delicious produce and so much more. It is held each Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at 2797 Agoura Road.
- Calabasas: Rain or shine, this great market on Calabasas Road just west of El Canon Avenue offers everything from farmers’ market classics to less traditional wares like wine and flowers. It runs on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Marina del Rey: At Via Marina and Panay Way, this market comes alive on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Park next to Cheesecake Factory for easy access.
- Camarillo: Ventura Boulevard comes alive with live music, fresh produce, baked goods, artisan crafts, artwork, and more. Do not miss this fun event between 8:00 a.m. and noon on Saturdays between Elm and Fir Streets.
- Santa Monica: Since 1981, this market has worked to provide fresh food and promote sustainable agriculture in Southern California. It is held between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on the Santa Monica Promenade.
Are you hoping to move somewhere you can get great local produce to help you on the path to your best, healthiest life? To find a home that complements your life goals, contact Betsy Dittman. Serving Calabasas, Westlake Village and the surrounding area, I am here to help you discover your dream house this year.