Buying a new home is one of the most exciting times in your life. It can also be stressful, making sure that you find the perfect home to fit all of your needs. To ensure that you invest in the right home for your family, keep this checklist in mind.
- Look for flow – look for a home that has a good indoor-outdoor flow, which can make your home seem even bigger. It can also make entertaining all of your loved ones easier and more enjoyable.
- Consider the size of the rooms – look at all the sizes of all the rooms in the home, not just the bedrooms.
- Get the right layout – the layout of a home can have a big effect on everyday life. Look for narrow passages, sharp corners, and shut off rooms that could become an issue in your daily life.
- Brighten up – consider the amount of natural light that is let into the home. If you are seriously considering a few houses, make sure to visit them at different times of the day to get a feel for the natural light.
- Look at the driveway – many homebuyers overlook the driveway. However, it is important to make sure that all of your family’s cars will fit to avoid having to park on the street.
- Stairs – while two story homes allow for more square footage, they could also be a problem if you have small children or elders living in. Make sure that the steepness of the stairs will work for everyone in your family.
- The neighborhood – there are many factors to consider when looking at the neighborhood, including the school districts, proximity to your work, and closeness to family.
For all of your home buying needs in the Conejo Valley and Los Angeles area and to ensure that you find the perfect home for your lifestyle, contact Betsy Dittman.