Ready to Start Looking for Your Next Home?
I will help you find your perfect home and streamline the escrow and closing processes for you.
Our Initial Meeting – Creating a List of Needs and Wants:
- We’ll begin by establishing some search parameters for your new home
- We will create a list of items that you must have such as number of bedrooms and bathrooms, one story or two story home, pool, traditional or contemporary, etc.
- We will then create a list of neighborhoods that you are interested in looking for a home.
Pre-Qualification: It is important to meet with a mortgage broker or lender to determine how much you can afford to pay for a home.
Pre-Approval: Sellers are much more receptive to buyers who have been pre-approved. This process involves the buyer receiving a commitment in writing from a lender. The pre-approval letter lets the seller know that you are serious about purchasing the property.
Finding the Right Home For You:
- We’ll tour your “target neighborhoods” so we can determine that these are areas that you are interested in living.
- I will update you daily on properties that are for sale, reduced in price and homes that have come back on the market in addition to ones that are about to come on the market.
Making the Offer:
- Once we have made a decision to make an offer on a home I will provide you with a Market Analysis so we can decide on a fair offer. We will also review together the property disclosures.
- We’ll review the purchase contract and determine the offer price and terms. It is important to include inspection and mortgage contingencies in your offer. Then I’ll negotiate on your behalf to achieve a final contract that satisfies your needs and concerns.
The Escrow Process – The Following Occurs Upon Acceptance of Your Offer:
- Your earnest money check will be deposited (wired) within 3 business days after the offer has been accepted.
- You will need to provide written verification of the down payment to the seller.
- I will order a title report and arrange for the necessary inspections of the property. If warranted, I will negotiate a final and revised contract based on the results of the home inspections.
- I will schedule a final walk-through of the property within 24 hours of closing to make sure that all negotiated repairs are completed prior to the close of escrow.
ENJOYING YOUR NEW HOME
Congratulations! You Have Successfully Closed on Your New Home.
I have many wonderful resources to ensure that your move goes smoothly and to help with any improvements/upgrades that you are planning to do. And, I will continue to be available to you to help with any questions or concerns you may have while you are getting settled.