The holiday season is here, which means it is time to get ready for all of your holiday parties. While you may not get blankets of white snow at your Southern California home, it does not mean that you cannot create a winter wonderland party for your loved ones. Keep these tips in mind to ensure that your holiday party is one to remember!
- Be realistic – accept your strengths and weaknesses as a host, and play up your strengths while outsourcing your weaknesses. Keep in mind that the goal of your party is to create a stress free event that everyone will enjoy.
- Ask for help – people go to holiday parties to enjoy the company of their friends and family. If people are showing up and you are not completely done setting up, ask for help! Most partygoers are more than happy to help pour wine and light candles.
- Set the scene – make sure your bar is stocked with all the essentials, including cocktail tools, glasses, ice, and tongs. Set your table with enough flatware and silverware for each guest, and make sure to have some spares ready just in case. Candles, floral arrangements, and light music will all also help to set the mood!
- Stock your pantry – especially if children will be attending your event, make sure that your pantry is filled with snacks.
- Provide entertainment – there are many ways to entertain your guests while you are getting ready. Set up a game area with board games for people of all ages to enjoy. A roll of butcher paper and crayons will keep children entertained until it is time to eat.
Having the right home to entertain this season will ensure good times and great memories! Contact Betsy Dittman for all of your luxury home sales in the Los Angeles and Conejo Valley!