If you have driven by the Westlake Plaza, you have probably noticed huge “protected” signs hanging around. These protected trees are the ones that cannot be taken down during the construction. Unfortunately, this protection did not extend to all the trees in the area. Over 30 oak trees were removed to make room for all the new shops and restaurants that will be going into the plaza. Luckily, many residents in the area fought hard and won to protect more than 70 trees in the area.
There are many new restaurants popping up in the area to satisfy all of your cravings. Make sure to try these delicious spots on your next night out.
- Cronies Sports Grill has been a staple in the Conejo Valley for more than 23 years, and recently opened up another location in Agoura Hills on Kanan Road. Known for their ice cold 20 oz. beer schooners and delicious menu items, the new location is one of the best new places to watch all the sports games in the area.
- Pieology is opening up their second location in the Conejo Valley on Lindero Canyon Road. The “make your own pizza” idea has rapidly caught on, allowing people to make their own delicious creations. You can choose from a variety of traditional ingredients, such as pepperoni and ham, or take the less traditional route, such as adding artichokes and fresh basil so that your pizza comes out tasting its best.
- If you are looking for a little bit of everything, make sure to check out Jeannine’s Gourmet Food Hall at the Shoppes at Westlake Village. Offering everything from benedicts and egg dishes to salads and burgers, you will surely find something you love at Jeannine’s.
- In-N-Out opened on November 5th at the Shoppes at Westlake village. The design of the store was created to fit in with the rest of the stores in the area, making it one of the most unique In-N-Outs around. Also now open in the Shoppes at Westlake Village, Jeannine’s Gourmet, Hook Burger, Bowl of Heaven, Greens Up, Total Woman, All Tressed Up Blow Dry Bar and of course Target.
- What better way to end any day in the Conjeo Valley than with a delicious bag of popcorn? Popped Fresh Gourmet Popcorn is opening up on Kanan Road in Agoura Hills and will offer over 50 different flavors of popcorn. They will also offer unique gifts and popcorn tins that are coming in just in time for holiday gift season.
- Le Pain Quotidien is also going into the Westlake Plaza. This is a great place for breakfast or lunch. Other great restaurants are opening up in the same plaza, such as Pitfire Artisan Pizza, Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market, and Pressed Juicery .
To learn more about what is happening in the Conejo Valley, contact Betsy Dittman. As a luxury homes real estate expert, I can help with all of your home buying and selling needs in Los Angeles and the Conejo Valley to ensure that you are always closest to the newest stores and restaurants in the area.