Between holiday shopping, baking, and events, hosting a party can be the straw that breaks the busy camel’s back. With a quick and easy cleaning checklist, getting your home ready for guests doesn’t have to require intensive labor. If you get off work at 5:00 p.m. and have guests coming at 7:00 p.m., these guidelines will keep you on track for preparing your house and yourself.
- Do A Walk Through: Clean from your front porch in. Your front door and entryway will be the first part of your home your guests see, so they should be a priority when it comes to house cleaning. Don’t forget to make space in your coat closet as well.
- Touch Up the Bathrooms: You will have a lot of traffic through your bathrooms by the night’s end, so it’s best to start with a clean slate. Sanitize your surfaces and make sure there is extra toilet paper easily accessible.
- Freshen Up: Don’t put getting yourself ready off until the last minute, or you may run out of time. When you’re tidying up the bathroom, take the time to touch up your makeup and hair so you can be party-ready without stress as the hour approaches.
- Make Space: Empty out your garbage, recycling container, dishwasher, and fridge. You’ll want space in the refrigerator for drinks, in the dishwasher for dirty dishes, and in all available waste containers.
- Set The Mood: Put on your party playlist, dim the lighting, and do a final walk through to get everything prepared. If you have time, do a final dusting and de-cluttering run through the home so everything will be picture perfect.
No party would be complete without a great venue to host it in. Contact real estate agent Betsy Dittman, an expert in California Luxury Real Estate Properties, for all of your Beverly Hills, Conejo Valley, San Fernando Valley, and Los Angeles luxury real estate needs.