Why You Should Find Your Dream House Today
Being ready to buy a home relies on you wanting to buy a home, being financially prepared, and having a good credit score. If you check all of these boxes, here are 5 reasons why now is the best time to buy a house!
- The prices are good- Although the house prices have continued to grow over the recent years, they have slowed significantly lately. The 10-City Composite gained 5.5% year-over-year, which is down from the 6.7%. This is great news if you were once worried that big price gains would put a home out of reach for you.
- Rates are low- Interest was once 18% in October 1981. This is almost unimaginable, compared to the today’s average of 5.18% which is, thankfully, much more bearable.
- Loans are becoming more accessible- Major loan companies are making adjustments to their loan requirements. They are lowering the minimum FICO score for borrowers, which mean that buyers don’t need perfect credit or to put a huge down payment on their ideal house.
- Holiday shopping- Buyers who are actively looking to purchase a home during the holiday months, namely, October through December, have less competition of other buyers and offers. In addition, the home owner is more likely to sell in time for Christmas, even if that means selling the house below the offer.
- Buying is often cheaper than renting- Depending on where you are located, prices of rent are considerably more than a mortgage on a house. It is suggested that a 30 year fixed rate of 4.5%, is 38% cheaper than renting nationally. With that said, why not live in your luxury, dream house for cheaper?
If you are committed to buying a home, I, Betsy Dittman will help you find your dream home and streamline the escrow and closing process. With your needs and requirements in line, I will be sure that you find the perfect home! Learn more about my buyer services here!