These smartphone apps will make your LA life better and easier.
The smartphone has made so many things simpler, and now it’s adding to your life in Los Angeles, too! I don’t want you to miss out, so don’t wait to download these apps for your iPhone and Android that can help you make the most out of LA with a minimal amount of hassle.
- Luxe Valet: I know that most people think parking in Los Angeles is a headache, but it doesn’t have to be! With this free app, you get on-demand valet services wherever you all, always for $15 or less. Just tell Luxe where you’re heading, and they’ll pick up your vehicle and park it in one of their lots. When you’re ready to hit the road, let them know and they’ll pull it around for you. For a little extra, they’ll even wash your car and fill your tank!
- Our Malibu Beaches: This app has gotten some press, thanks largely to how its revolutionizing local beach use. What it does is show you beaches that are public in our area. Seems straightforward, until you realize a number of local beaches have hidden entrances, leaving them all but unused. Carve out some sand space with this handy, free app.
- Caviar: Don’t want to go get food, but don’t want to settle for a lackluster delivery dinner? Fear not! Caviar is here to help. Free to download, this app gives you the opportunity to have food delivered to you for a fee from a number of notable LA restaurants. Take it for a spin; the first delivery is free!
While there isn’t an app to help you find your dream piece of real estate in our area, I can make it easy for you! Contact me, Betsy Dittman, to learn how you can get into your perfect home quickly and easily this year.
The summer is in full swing, and on top of the warmer weather and longer days it also brings an energy to get out and do more! If you and your friends are looking to spice up your summer, you might be thinking of dining at some new restaurants. I know from experience, though, that there are so many options in LA finding the right restaurant can feel daunting! To help, here are a few of my recommendations for can’t-miss dining during summer 2015.
- Sushi Nishi Ya: Want to get a deliciously fresh bite to eat? Why not try this relatively hidden Omakase (chef’s choice) gem? Chef Nisi crafts tasteful, tasty sushi that is as beautiful as it is delicious. This place is sure to only get busier as word about it spreads, so head there now! 1712 Victory Boulevard, Glendale │(818) 244-2933
- Guerrilla Tacos: Tacos are a California favorite, but Chef Avila is putting his own global twist on them at Guerrilla Tacos. Incorporating interesting elements like black truffles, whole sardines, foie gras, and lots of farmer’s market finds, I am never disappointed by the fresh flavor from this food truck. Locations Vary │(818) 640-3033
- Trois Mec: Chef Lefebvre is already famous, but Trois Mec secures his place as a master in the world of fine dining. You will not want to miss his handcrafted, internationally-inspired menus so make sure to get your ticket (yes, you read that right; you need a ticket to dine at Trois Mec) here. 716 Highland Avenue, Los Angeles │No phone number available
There is so much great dining in Los Angeles, if you are living too far from it you are missing out! Fortunately, by working with a California real estate expert you can find the perfect home close to all of the action. To learn more about finding the right home for your lifestyle, contact Betsy Dittman. I am here to learn about you and show you houses that will meet not just your needs, but also your wants!
LA offers some of the best food in the country, but to know you are truly getting the most from your meals you have to keep a finger on the pulse of the local restaurant scene. As restaurateurs and hipsters alike flock to Los Angeles to offer delicious plates served in oh-so-chic scenes, you know that 2015 will bring great new eateries to the area. To get you started on your journey to discovering your new favorite spot, check out these new bars and restaurants.
- Sweeney’s Ale House: It’s about time the West Valley got its own gastropub, and the team behind Surly Goat is delivering just that. This Encino beer hall offers happy hour seven days a week, so don’t miss its notable menu of craft brews and tasty burgers.
- SpreadPB: Who doesn’t love being able to customize their meals? À la the frozen yogurt shops that offer endless options for satisfying your unique palate, SpreadPB lets you take the blasé PB&J and spice it up with the trendiest, most delicious options locally available.
- aestus: If you are looking for a great beachside restaurant without the usual ho-hum beachside menu, this is a can’t-miss spot. The upscale location serves trending produce and healthy protein options like grass-fed beef and grilled octopus.
Looking for a home is so much more than just looking for the house itself. You know that neighborhood is important. To get a guide to California luxury real estate properties who can guide you on the best, most happening areas, contact Betsy Dittman today. Serving the Conejo Valley, Beverly Hills, and Los Angeles, I am here to ensure your luxury real estate needs are always met. You deserve to find your dream home in your ideal location this year, so call me today.