Want to live in the lap of luxury? You can, at these Los Angeles, CA hotels!
As a luxury real estate agent in Southern California, I get a lot of lifestyle questions. One of my favorite to answer is, “What’s your favorite hotel?” Here are just a few gems that I think really make the most of our great location and offer the best in luxury!
W Hotels are known for blending luxury with an energetic lifestyle, and their recently completed renovation of their Beverly Hills property is making it even easier for them to do that. From their newly restyled Living Room & Bar to their Extreme Wow Suite, which features a 10-person screening room covered in gold tufted leather, there’s plenty to do at the hotel itself, not to mention nearby Beverly Hills, Bel Air, beaches, and Sunset Strip.
Soak up the rays at the 26th floor rooftop pool, slough off your stress at the memorable The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Los Angeles, and grab a bite to eat at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck. The Ritz can fill your day with indulgence without ever having to set foot outside its property – though if you do, you’ll be in the heart of downtown LA.
Blending the relaxation of stunning views of the Pacific with the glamour of high-end Southern California living, Casa Del Mar is definitely an iconic getaway destination. Plus, they offer yoga lessons on the sand, an in-house raw bar, and a wellness spa, all aimed at helping you leave them feeling rejuvenated.
Staying at any one of those hotels will give you a taste of luxury living, and might just leave your hungering for more. Fortunately, as an expert in luxury home sales in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Conejo Valley, I can help you enjoy a lavish lifestyle every single day! To learn more about buying your dream home, contact me, Betsy Dittman.
Shoppers, diners rejoice: The Village at Westfield Topanga is opening in September!
For months, locals have watched the construction at The Village at Westfield Topanga near completion. As storefronts were finished and a full list of 25 retailers was released in August, it became clear that we were nearing the official opening of this long-anticipated retail and dining location.
More recently, Westfield Corp. released information about the nearly 90 stores and restaurants that will be opening at The Village, including Crate & Barrel, REI, Drybar, Pressed Juicery, Sur La Table, Costco, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and Paper Source. Additionally, and perhaps more excitingly, they also announced their official open date, and it’s just around the corner!
On September 18th, The Village opens to the public.
If you’re not too keen on waiting that long, don’t worry! Costco—which serves as the primary anchor for this shopping and dining destination—is opening tomorrow! You can also get in on the action early by participating in Westfield’s VIP preview, which is planned for the 17th.
Prior to the preview, some of the restaurants will be extending invitations to their “soft openings” scheduled for that evening.
Development crews have been working long hours to get the $350 million center ready for the upcoming opening. The Village is situated in the middle of Victory Boulevard, Erwin road, Topanga Canyon Boulevard, and Owensmouth Avenue.
Are you hungry for easier access to dining and shopping destinations like The Village? If so, contact me, Betsy Dittman! With years of experience in the local Los Angeles real estate market, I can help you find the perfect home that will make living your ideal lifestyle fun and easy! To learn more about the great properties available near The Village at Westfield Topanga, call me today!
The summer is in full swing, and on top of the warmer weather and longer days it also brings an energy to get out and do more! If you and your friends are looking to spice up your summer, you might be thinking of dining at some new restaurants. I know from experience, though, that there are so many options in LA finding the right restaurant can feel daunting! To help, here are a few of my recommendations for can’t-miss dining during summer 2015.
- Sushi Nishi Ya: Want to get a deliciously fresh bite to eat? Why not try this relatively hidden Omakase (chef’s choice) gem? Chef Nisi crafts tasteful, tasty sushi that is as beautiful as it is delicious. This place is sure to only get busier as word about it spreads, so head there now! 1712 Victory Boulevard, Glendale │(818) 244-2933
- Guerrilla Tacos: Tacos are a California favorite, but Chef Avila is putting his own global twist on them at Guerrilla Tacos. Incorporating interesting elements like black truffles, whole sardines, foie gras, and lots of farmer’s market finds, I am never disappointed by the fresh flavor from this food truck. Locations Vary │(818) 640-3033
- Trois Mec: Chef Lefebvre is already famous, but Trois Mec secures his place as a master in the world of fine dining. You will not want to miss his handcrafted, internationally-inspired menus so make sure to get your ticket (yes, you read that right; you need a ticket to dine at Trois Mec) here. 716 Highland Avenue, Los Angeles │No phone number available
There is so much great dining in Los Angeles, if you are living too far from it you are missing out! Fortunately, by working with a California real estate expert you can find the perfect home close to all of the action. To learn more about finding the right home for your lifestyle, contact Betsy Dittman. I am here to learn about you and show you houses that will meet not just your needs, but also your wants!
I love eating out in Los Angeles! There are so many great restaurants to try, but I often find myself going back to my old favorites. Fortunately for me and those of you similarly faithful foodies, there is an upcoming event that can get us out of our habits.
DineLA Restaurant Week 2015 runs from July 13th to July 26th. During these couple weeks, we all have the chance to check out prix fixe menus from restaurants all over the city. With great prices (menus are $15, $20, or $25 at lunch and $30, $40, or $50 at dinner) at standout restaurants all over Los Angeles, DineLA Restaurant Week is the perfect chance for us to forego our favorites and check out a new dining experience (or a dozen). Who knows, we might just find a new favorite!
DineLA Restaurant Week has something for everyone. Mediterranean, French, Italian, Mexican, Indian, American, Vietnamese, Spanish, Thai, Brazilian, Peruvian, Asian Fusion, and more are all on the menu for this dining experience, which means you can find something for the pickiest eater and the most adventurous palate. Travel the world as you travel across our great foodie-friendly city trying new restaurants during these two weeks!
You can find a full list of the hundreds (yes, hundreds!) of restaurants who are participating in DineLA Restaurant Week, their locations, their pricing, and more information here. Have a great time exploring new restaurants and new flavors!
I hope you have a great time checking out DineLA Restaurant Week; I know I will! If you want to be closer to all of the delicious action, contact Betsy Dittman. I am a Los Angeles real estate expert and am passionate about helping you find the right home to suit your lifestyle. Stop living in a lackluster area and call me today!
St. Patrick’s Day is one of those great holidays that centers on getting family and friends together to eat, drink, and enjoy each other’s company. The biggest problem that arises around the holiday, then, is not knowing where to go to grab your pint of Guinness. To help you, here are a couple of suggestions for the best local restaurant options.
- Tom Bergin’s Tavern: If you want to celebrate a comeback story this St. Patty’s Day, head to this tavern, the longest operating Irish establishment in LA. It closed in 2013 but has had a second chance at making its mark in Los Angeles after being purchased and reopened by a regular customer named Derek Schreck. Once there, you will see why Schreck did not want to let it go: the shamrock theme, wood paneling, famous Irish coffee, and bangers and mash make this a can’t-miss spot on St. Patrick’s Day and throughout the year. 840 S. Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles • (323) 936-7151
- O’Brien’s Irish Pub & Restaurant: This Santa Monica staple is decked out so you can perfectly celebrate the holiday. Enjoy their Irish art, spacious patio, and live music while you grab a pint of Irish beer and savor traditional Irish dishes like shepherd’s pie, fish ‘n’ chips, and Guinness pie. If you are looking for a sweet treat this holiday, do not miss their Guinness floats. 2941 Main Street, Santa Monica • (310) 396-4725
Are you working with a real estate expert who will ensure you next home is close to the best places to support your lifestyle? For a guide to the most fun areas of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Conejo Valley, contact Betsy Dittman today. I am here to help you find the best neighborhood to meet your needs.