Where To Catch Fireworks On The Fourth Of July
Sure, the backyard barbecues and poolside parties are fun, but nothing feels quite as American as catching a fireworks display on Independence Day. The good news is that across Los Angeles, there are a number of great opportunities to catch a stunning show in the sky. I love celebrating this holiday with the local community and have some favorite ways to catch the great sky shows in our area. Here are a few of the best displays in the area you will not want to miss!
- Americafest: Allegedly the biggest fireworks display in all of Los Angeles, this show brings thousands of people together to celebrate at the Rose Bowl. Festivities at Americafest start a 2:00 p.m. but the highlight of the event is definitely the fireworks, which go off at 9:00 p.m. You will not want to miss this show, produced by Pyrospectaculars by Souza.
- Culver City Fireworks Show: Culver City is pulling out all of the stops for the holiday this year. Bringing together live music, food trucks, games for the whole family, and more, they will be offering plenty of entertainment at their event held at West LA College. All of the fun kicks off at 4:00 p.m. and will lead up to a stunning fireworks show.
- Hollywood Bowl Fireworks Spectacular: A personal favorite, I try to hit at least one night of the festivities at the Bowl. Kicking off on July 2nd, the festivities include live music from legend Smokey Robinson. On the Fourth, a live orchestra will time their music with the fireworks display.
I hope you have a great time celebrating the Fourth of July this year! So you can get into your dream home to celebrate your freedom in 2015, contact Betsy Dittman. I am here to help you find the perfect luxury real estate for your lifestyle in Los Angeles, the San Fernando and Conejo Valley areas.
Find Local Produce At These Markets
With the warming weather comes more opportunities to get out of your standard grocery shopping routine and head to the farmers’ market instead. I love heading the farmers’ market because it gives me the chance to stroll in the summer sunshine and discover some new local favorites to work more flavor and nutrients into my meals. So you can enjoy the season with me, check out these great weekend markets.
- Westlake Village: As a California Certified farmer’s market, it is no surprise that Westlake’s market delivers delicious produce and so much more. It is held each Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at 2797 Agoura Road.
- Calabasas: Rain or shine, this great market on Calabasas Road just west of El Canon Avenue offers everything from farmers’ market classics to less traditional wares like wine and flowers. It runs on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Marina del Rey: At Via Marina and Panay Way, this market comes alive on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Park next to Cheesecake Factory for easy access.
- Camarillo: Ventura Boulevard comes alive with live music, fresh produce, baked goods, artisan crafts, artwork, and more. Do not miss this fun event between 8:00 a.m. and noon on Saturdays between Elm and Fir Streets.
- Santa Monica: Since 1981, this market has worked to provide fresh food and promote sustainable agriculture in Southern California. It is held between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on the Santa Monica Promenade.
Are you hoping to move somewhere you can get great local produce to help you on the path to your best, healthiest life? To find a home that complements your life goals, contact Betsy Dittman. Serving Calabasas, Westlake Village and the surrounding area, I am here to help you discover your dream house this year.