If the spring season has you in the mood for a fresh start, remodeling your home will freshen it up and increase your home’s value. Where, exactly, should you turn to make the most of your efforts? Here are the top trends for home remodeling in 2015.
- Soaking Tubs: The bathroom is a great place to start your remodel, as updated tile work and cabinetry is trending. Most importantly, though, consider getting away from the standard tub/shower combo. Larger soaking tubs are rising in popularity, especially free standing models. Bigger showers are more popular, too; consider putting in a walk-in shower.
- Gray: Beige is no longer the go-to neutral color. Gray is on the rise, and do not be afraid of darker colors. Charcoal is a great neutral color that will make a big impact. Since any accent color can pair beautifully with gray, it is a safe bet in any room in the house.
- Sinks: After years of doing dishes, you are probably ready to make the process easier. Super deep single-bowl sinks are trending, making the after-dinner chore a little bit easier on all of us.
- Wellness: Fortunately, our awareness about the toxic chemicals and gases in our building materials is on the rise. It is becoming increasingly popular to get rid of cabinets containing formaldehyde and off-gassing finishes so your homes can be as healthy as possible.
If no remodel would be enough to make you happy in your home, contact Betsy Dittman. I have the insider insight into the best real estate in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles and am here to help you find your dream home so you can skip all of the hassle of remodeling. To find a home utilizing the hottest trends that will stay popular in the long-term, call me today.
As the weather warms, you have the opportunity to throw open your windows and get rid of the dust and grime that has built up over the gloomier winter months. Spring cleaning your whole home can feel like a major undertaking, though. Fortunately, utilizing these tips will make it both easier and more productive.
- Put Yourself On The Clock: Sometimes your biggest obstacle to getting your home clean is simply getting started. So it does not feel so daunting, set a timer for 50 minutes. Clean, focusing on one room, for that time. When your timer goes off, use the last 10 minutes to put everything back in its place. If you did that once a weekend for the next month, odds are high you could get your home in great shape!
- Minimize: You probably have some clutter throughout your house that makes cleaning it more difficult. This is the perfect time to detox your home. If you are not sure what to get rid of, turn to things of which you have multiples. Do you need 33 cookbooks? 15 plain colored button down shirts? 28 body butters? Try to keep no more than a couple of any item in your home.
- Tag It: To make spring cleaning easier next year, tag items you think you do not use often with today’s date. Then, each time you use a tagged item take the tag off. Get rid of any items that still have tags next time you spring clean.
With all of the effort it takes to maintain a house, you deserve to be in one you love. To find your ideal Los Angeles home, contact Betsy Dittman. I am a local real estate expert and am here to help you find a house you will love so much cleaning will be less of a chore.