Have You Hit These Essential LA Restaurants Yet?
Is it just me, or is brunch the perfect way to round out a weekend? Restaurants have started pulling out all of the stops for their brunch menus, and have not disappointed. With all of the options for brunch in Los Angeles, it can be a bit tricky to narrow it down. To help, here are the top ten must-taste brunch spots of 2015.
- Gjelina: A favorite among LA locals for a reason, Gjelina’s brunch menu is perfection, especially when enjoyed on their gorgeous patio.
- Lunasia: For beautiful plates in a beautiful setting, head to this modern take on the Alhambra banquet hall serving up dim sum. Do not miss their jumbo shu mai.
- The Tasting Kitchen: Looking to supplement your relaxing day in Venice with some tasty food and delicious brunch-appropriate cocktails? Head to The Tasting Kitchen.
- Bar Ama: Whether you want traditional American breakfast, Mexican specialties, or out-of-the-box dishes, Bar Ama has something for you.
- Bucato: Chef Evan Funke brings the best flavors of dinner to you earlier in the day, taking his specialties and perfectly converting them to breakfast dishes.
- The Hungry Cat: If you are hoping to start your day with some seafood, The Hungry Cat’s oyster shooters, crab cakes benedict, raw bar, or lobster roll will not disappoint.
- Superba Food & Bread: If you want to get back to your roots, hit Superba for house-made brilliance including gravlax and sumptuous pastries.
- République: Do not assume just because you have dined at République for dinner you know what to expect for brunch. Enjoy the sunny setting and memorable dishes here.
- Salt’s Cure: Brunch is comfortable at Salt’s Cure, but that does not mean their dishes will not blow you away. They serve up traditional breakfast, perfectly executed.
- Sqirl: Do not worry that you will have to brave Sqirl’s hyper-long weekend line to enjoy their brunch offerings; they serve brunch-style dishes all week long. An LA must, make sure you hit this spot soon!
Where is your favorite brunch spot? To find your ideal home near it, contact Betsy Dittman. As an expert in California luxury real estate properties, I have the inside connections to help you find your dream home in Los Angeles or Beverly Hills. For all of your real estate needs, call me today!
First impressions are everything. From first dates to job interviews, you have learned the deep value of making sure how people feel about you upon first meeting is positive. First impressions are equally valuable for houses (hello, curb appeal!). That is why your entryway, while small, deserves to have great design. Here are a few tips.
- Mirror It: Odds are your entryway is not the biggest space, but it can make a big impact if you add a mirror. Not only will hanging a mirror in your entryway open up the space, making it feel larger, it will also afford you the perfect place to do a last minute check of your look before heading out the door.
- Store Shoes: Unless your family is extremely tidy, odds are high shoes get left by the front door all the time. Keep this from being an eyesore (and tripping hazard) by adding in a shoe storage unit.
- Hang Coats: In a similar vein, coat hooks can keep your entryway looking organized so your décor can shine. They do not have to be purely functional, though; you can create a unique, aesthetically appealing coat hook system.
- Accessorize: Alright, that is enough with functionality. Let’s get to the fun! Find jaw-dropping artwork that will introduce people to the décor in your home and make a statement about you and your house.
2015 is your year to get into your dream home, one that will offer a great first impression and keep you happy for years to come. For the perfect house for your unique needs, contact Betsy Dittman. Serving Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, I have cultivated my expertise in California luxury real estate properties and will tap it to help you find the perfect house.
Unfortunately, simply adding a fitness room to your home is not necessarily enough to motivate you to exercise each day. Sometimes, you need to add a little more to make it a space you will truly enjoy. This will help you get motivated to get moving regularly. To create the perfect space for working out in your home, use these décor guidelines.
- Go Minimal: One of the worst things that can happen to your workout is distraction. Try to de-clutter your workout area and get organized so that you are not forced to deviate in the middle of an exercise.
- Make Room: Getting moving requires you to have ample amounts of space. Clear the area you need to be able to get your workout in without worrying about lunging back into your baseboard or bonking your head on a piece of equipment.
- Choose What You Love: Generally, fitness areas are painted in a neutral palette. Yours, however, does not have to be. If you have a color you are particularly in love with that makes you feel centered and motivated, do not be afraid to paint your space in that hue.
- Welcome Natural Light: If your office is lit with fluorescent lighting, you will not want to come home and spend more time under harsh lighting. Bring all of the natural light you can into the room, and choose lighting that will be bright but not severe.
Is a home gym a priority for your next house? For guidance to the best California luxury real estate properties with the best fitness spaces, contact Betsy Dittman today. I can help you find your dream home with your dream fitness room in Los Angeles and Conejo Valley.
LA offers some of the best food in the country, but to know you are truly getting the most from your meals you have to keep a finger on the pulse of the local restaurant scene. As restaurateurs and hipsters alike flock to Los Angeles to offer delicious plates served in oh-so-chic scenes, you know that 2015 will bring great new eateries to the area. To get you started on your journey to discovering your new favorite spot, check out these new bars and restaurants.
- Sweeney’s Ale House: It’s about time the West Valley got its own gastropub, and the team behind Surly Goat is delivering just that. This Encino beer hall offers happy hour seven days a week, so don’t miss its notable menu of craft brews and tasty burgers.
- SpreadPB: Who doesn’t love being able to customize their meals? À la the frozen yogurt shops that offer endless options for satisfying your unique palate, SpreadPB lets you take the blasé PB&J and spice it up with the trendiest, most delicious options locally available.
- aestus: If you are looking for a great beachside restaurant without the usual ho-hum beachside menu, this is a can’t-miss spot. The upscale location serves trending produce and healthy protein options like grass-fed beef and grilled octopus.
Looking for a home is so much more than just looking for the house itself. You know that neighborhood is important. To get a guide to California luxury real estate properties who can guide you on the best, most happening areas, contact Betsy Dittman today. Serving the Conejo Valley, Beverly Hills, and Los Angeles, I am here to ensure your luxury real estate needs are always met. You deserve to find your dream home in your ideal location this year, so call me today.
If you are working on your home, it can be easy to become overwhelmed. Because the improvements have to be conducted in your home, you never get to leave the work behind for longer than a night on the town. Fortunately, as technology has advanced there are smartphone apps that can make your DIY projects easier. To help you get the most from your home improvement project, check out these apps.
- RoomScan: As you try to re-envision your home with updated furniture and décor, it is helpful to have the floor plan drawn out. Unfortunately, if your room is not a simple square drawing out the shape in the right proportion can be a challenge. RoomScan can quickly and accurately sketch out any floor plan for you, and the only thing you need to do is tap your phone to each wall of the room.
- Houzz: CNN did not deem Houzz the “Wikipedia of interior and exterior design” for nothing. This app is filled with examples of great design and décor, and you can even search by specific paint colors to have a better understanding of how each hue will look in the room.
- SnapShop: You know heading to that ritzy boutique would likely result in you finding your dream piece, but could also lead to you busting your budget. This handy app allows you to snap a picture of the item you love, enter a small amount of information, and then offers you similar options at different price points from hundreds of retailers.
Are you looking for a luxury real estate expert to help you visualize your dream home for 2015? If so, contact Betsy Dittman today. I serve Beverly Hills, Conejo Valley, and Los Angeles and am here to be your guide to California luxury real estate properties. You deserve to work with a dedicated, educated agent so call me today.
Use These Tips To Get Organized In The New Year
Are you tired of all the clutter in your home? Does the disorganization make it hard for you to focus? Do yourself a favor and crush the clutter by utilizing your home’s existing space for increased storage. Use these tips to get organized in 2015.
- Use Your Vertical Space:From your office to your laundry room, utilizing your wall space can be the key to a clutter-free home. Install affordable hanging rods in your laundry room for air-drying space, and put hanging file baskets up in your office to free up extra desk space.
- Use Your Ceiling:You may not think to put things that high up, but mounting a hanging pot rack in your kitchen can be the solution to all of your pot and pan storage woes. Finally, a place to put that colander!
- Use Your Extra Space:Do you have an odd area at the end of a hallway, landing of a staircase, or under your stairs that you have been unsure what to do with? Add shelving customized to fit the space to give yourself extra storage space throughout your home.
- Use Your Existing Shelving:Your bookshelf can be the perfect place to display the extra décor that is making your home feel cluttered. Create beautiful displays on your existing shelves by clustering vases, small pictures, and other small decorative items.
Is it your dream to get into a home that already has the built-ins necessary for keeping your life flawlessly organized? Do not hesitate to contact Betsy Dittman for all of your real estate needs. She will guide you to premium California luxury real estate properties. Serving Los Angeles and Conejo Valley, Betsy is the real estate expert who can get you into your dream home this year. Contact Betsy today.
Between holiday shopping, baking, and events, hosting a party can be the straw that breaks the busy camel’s back. With a quick and easy cleaning checklist, getting your home ready for guests doesn’t have to require intensive labor. If you get off work at 5:00 p.m. and have guests coming at 7:00 p.m., these guidelines will keep you on track for preparing your house and yourself.
- Do A Walk Through: Clean from your front porch in. Your front door and entryway will be the first part of your home your guests see, so they should be a priority when it comes to house cleaning. Don’t forget to make space in your coat closet as well.
- Touch Up the Bathrooms: You will have a lot of traffic through your bathrooms by the night’s end, so it’s best to start with a clean slate. Sanitize your surfaces and make sure there is extra toilet paper easily accessible.
- Freshen Up: Don’t put getting yourself ready off until the last minute, or you may run out of time. When you’re tidying up the bathroom, take the time to touch up your makeup and hair so you can be party-ready without stress as the hour approaches.
- Make Space: Empty out your garbage, recycling container, dishwasher, and fridge. You’ll want space in the refrigerator for drinks, in the dishwasher for dirty dishes, and in all available waste containers.
- Set The Mood: Put on your party playlist, dim the lighting, and do a final walk through to get everything prepared. If you have time, do a final dusting and de-cluttering run through the home so everything will be picture perfect.
No party would be complete without a great venue to host it in. Contact real estate agent Betsy Dittman, an expert in California Luxury Real Estate Properties, for all of your Beverly Hills, Conejo Valley, San Fernando Valley, and Los Angeles luxury real estate needs.